Remote Drupal Product Developer, Sooperthemes
Remote — 40 hours per week
A few examples of our hundreds of clients:
Application Deadline: May 15th 2019
Salary: USD $2000-$3000 per month depending on experience.
A typical day with the Sooperthemes remote team
In the morning
After our stand-up meeting you make your own planning and start working working on a weird bug with CSRF tokens expiring, breaking some of Glazed Builders' AJAX post requests that are responsible for saving content. Your write object-oriented PHP and modern JS code for our Drupal 8 module as you upgrade the logic around CSRF token requests. While coding the CSRF fix you spot a "deprecated" function and with the impending Drupal 9 upgrade in mind you rewrite it to a forward-compatible method.
In the afternoon
After your lunch you make yourself a large coffee and start coding away on our Boostrap 4 migration branch. It's a large task that will take 3-4 weeks to complete but you split up the task into smal pieces to make it easy to track your progress.
During this morning's stand-up meeting you caught up with our Marketing Manager and Customer Success Manager. You all agree it's absolutely necessary to create documentation for our new "user profiles" Glazed Builder feature before the week is over. We delivered this feature the week before but our clients can't seem to find it. You have a quick video call with company director Jur and discuss possible solutions to the discoverability of features. After the chat you implement a new settings link in the Glazed Builder primary toolbar.
You: A communicative programmer with entrepeneurial spirit
Are you ready for a new challenge? At Sooperthemes you work exclusively on our own products, especially our drag and drop builder Glazed Builder. As product developer at Sooperthemes you won't just have to be a technological A-Player but also have an interest in business economics and a develop a strong awareness of our business challenges, opportunities, and the impact we have on our clients.
Our 500+ clients consist of a wide variety of Drupal users including Fortune 500 companies, and powerful organisations like the US Senate and the United Nations. Our work does not just influence our hundreds of clients but also the daily work of all content and marketing staff who work on our clients' web presence, and the millions of people who depend on our clients' websites.
A handful of international websites that are built with both our page builder and our framework theme:
Us: A dynamic start-up with heart voor open source and a product that gives Drupal that edge again
Sooperthemes products are built by developers who have a lot of heart for Drupal. Top developers with a long list of Drupal contributions and core patches helped Sooperthemes to ensure Drupal is still a viable option for clients who require increasingly sophisticated front-end authoring experiences, to ensure optimal productivity and user experience for their content and marketing staff.
However, we do have some big projects ahead, including the support of Bootstrap 4 in both Glazed Builder and Glazed Theme. Are you up to the challenge? Then apply using the form below!
Sooperthemes is a Dutch company and you'll quickly see this reflect in our company culture. Our remote developers get 20 paid vacation days and while we take our work seriously we maintain a laidback culture and encourage everyone to speak their mind.
Your competences and experience
- You have 3 years of Drupal experience and at least 2 years with Drupal 8.
- You're familiar with Drupal concepts like views, translation, and workflow.
- You develop OOP PHP code that conforms to Drupal standards and best practices.
- You have basic CSS skills (We use SASS)
- You're aware of security principles like CORS, CSRF and proper namespacing.
- You're emotionally intelligent and can function in a team.
- You see challenges as opportunities for personal development and growth.
- You can travel to our offices near Amsterdam, Netherlands to work with us for a week, at least every 3 months.
- You take your rest when needed and enjoy your vacation days to the fullest but you're prepared to work some overtime if it's needed to onboard a new enterprise client.
- You're available for full-time employment (40 hours per week)
- You can travel to our offices near Amsterdam for onboarding and to work with us at least 1 week every 3 months. Flight, hotel, and expenses paid by us.
- You speak English fluently
Sooperthemes Unique Selling Points
- Interesting work: We decide what we develop.
- Work that directly impacts the daily lives of thousands of people.
- USD $2000-$3000 per month depending on experience.
- We're an early stage start-up and entirely "bootstrapped" (no outside investors), there is opportunity for ownership if you contribute to our growth.
- Informal and open atmosphere.
- 20 paid vacation days.
- Fill in application form
- Introduction meeting
- Second interview with project-relevant questions
- Contract Proposal
- Get to work!
What We're Offering
- Awesome workplace at UtrechtInc on Uithof campus
- Unlimited organic fairtrade coffee
- Opportunities for growth
- Cross-pollination between marketing, communication, design, and programming projects