The main aim of Glazed Builder Profiles feature is managing users and their ability to use Glazed Builder components.
If a user has one of the roles on site his Glazed Builder interface will be limited to the elements and buttons selected in this profile.
Different user roles can have simplified interface, or and customized ckeditor.
Glazed Builder Profile Feature description
- Profiles feature will check if current user has any roles that match the any profiles.
- If there is one match, that profile becomes active in the user's browser.
- If multiple profiles match, the profile with lowest weight will be selected.
- In Elements tab you can manage users for using Glazed Builder elements.
- In Blocks tab you can add or remove blocks for specified profiles, so user will not be able to add some blocks with Glazed Builder.
- In Views tab you can manage the usage of views and their displays on different roles.
- In Ckeditor tabs you can add or remove any widgets of ckeditor for writing text.
- Also you can manage ckeditor widget for modal and inline mode.
Follow the steps below to add Glazed Builder Profile in your website:
- Go to the Configuration tab.
- Click Content Authoring.
- Select Glazed Builder from the list.
- Click on the Add glazed builder profile button to create new profile.
- Create label to this profile.
- Optionally, disable profile in Enabled field.
- Optionally, exclude snippet sidebar for this role by clicking Show snippet sidebar checkbox.
- Optionally, add existing users roles for this profile in Roles field.
- Optionally, remove the ability to add elements with Glazed builder by clicking on elements in Elements field.
- Optionally, remove the ability to add blocks with Glazed builder by clicking on elements in Blocks field.
- Optionally, remove the ability to add views with Glazed builder by clicking on elements in Views field.
- Optionally, add or remove CKEditor buttons for inline and modal editing in CKEditor fields.
- Once you’ve selected your preferred settings, you can click on Save Changes and you're done!
Note: New blocks and views are not included automatically.