Releasing "Web Application", a Proper Web2.0 Theme
I normally don't announce theme releases anywhere but this one is
special. I've worked hard to make this theme work well and the xhtml
template I was porting was well-coded as well.
This drupal theme will be a nice addition to the drupal theme repository, it doesn't look too
flashy and it can easily be used as a theme for small business
websites. What makes this theme special is it's high flexibility and
configurability, this theme properly supports 1, 2 or 3 columns
layouts, and it gets even better... The themes layout width is
completely configurable, you can set it as a fixed width in pixels or
as a fluid width, that being a percentage of the browser window width.
You can also set the width of the main content area. The main content
area is set to be a percentage of the total layout width, and when you
change it the sidebar(s) will automatically assume the leftover width.
Enough talking, heres some stuff in list form:
- Doesn't break any drupal admin pages, or get broken by admin pages
- small backend interface improvements
- all structural and contextual layout blocks are flex-height (don't break when upscaling the font)
- Theme Images weigh a combined 1,6kb
- Style.css weighing in at 4.4kb
- Output HTML is just as minimal (full html output size varies with content)
Custom Theme options:
- set a fixed or fluid width layout
- adjust the % of
width the main content area will take up and the sidebar(s) will
automagically resize to fill up the leftover space
- subheader and navbar region are dispensable, to get an even cleaner layout!
Supported native drupal elements:
- 1,2 or 3 columns!
- main content / sidebar width configurable through theme options
- primary menu
- secondary menu
- logo (including optional ie PNG fix for transparent backgrounds)
Tested to work with:
- Internet explorer 7
- Internet explorer 6
- Opera 9
- Safari (Safari for windows)
- Netscape 9
I'll commit the theme to drupal cvs after I get some sleep but you can already download it at my drupal themes section.